vendredi 27 février 2009

flying to Cameroon ! / En vol pour le Cameroun !

(in english and french for the first time! / en anglais et français pr la première fois! :)

A very short article to say that I am now leaving to Cameroon! My suitcase is full, I totally scared because I don't know anyone there, I don't even know who is going to pick me up at the airport and where I am going to stay... But other than that, I'm fine and very excited!

By the way, where is Cameroon? (don't be shameful, i didn't know either when i was asked to go there...)

Un court article pour dire que je pars maintenant pour le Cameroun! ma valise est pleine, je suis complètement paniquée car je ne connais personne là bas, je ne sais même pas qui va venir me chercher à l'aéroport et où je vais habiter... Mais à part ça, je vais bien et suis très impatiente!
Au fait, où est le Cameroun? (n'ayez pas honte, je ne savais pas non plus avant qu'on ne me demande d'y aller...)


I will arrive at the capital, Yaoundé, and stay there for a week (my school, my lab and my advisor are there). Then I'll go and stay in Dschang, just ouest of Bafoussam, in the mountains (1000m of altitude), where the climate is much more pleasant :)
And for those who like to travel, you have to know that Cameroon is "Africa in Miniature", meaning that in one country you have a very large diversity of climates, landscapes, wildlife and cultures! see you soon there ;)

J'arriverai dans la capitale, Yaoundé, et resterai là bas pour une semaine (mon école, mon labo et mon tuteur de stage y sont). Puis j'irais et resterai à Dschang, juste à l'ouest de Bafoussam, dans les montagnes (1000m d'altitude), où le climat est bien plus agréable :)
Et pour les voyageurs, sachez que le Cameroun est "l'Afrique en Miniature", puisqu'en un seul pays vous avez accès à une grande diversté de climats, paysages, faune, et cultures! à bientôt là bas ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameroon
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameroun


1 commentaire:

Roger a dit…

Be safe n good luck gal. thanks for posting. i enjoy reading ur blog. let's keep in touch.